More information about the Bond Program is available here.
General Election Information
The May 2022 Election will Be for Place 1 and Place 2
|Place 1 - Casey Clawson||(2018 - 2022)|
|Place 2 - Kathy Cook||(2018 - 2022)|
|Place 3 - Greg Brill||(2020 - 2024)|
|Place 4 - Jeremiah D. Williams||(2020 - 2024)|
|Place 5 - Mike Freeman||(2020 - 2024)|
2022 Candidate Information
- Certificate of Withdrawal Form .
- Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate. Must be submitted at the same time as the Application for Place on the Ballot. Instructions
- Amended Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate
- Transfer of Appointment
- Code of Fair Campaign Practices
- Filing deadlines for Campaign Finance Reports(Instructions) are 1) 30-day pre-election report 2) 8-day pre-election report 3) July 15th to terminate the campaign treasurer or to file semi-annual report.
- Candidate/Officeholder Report of Unexpended Contributions. Instructions
- Political Advertising What You Need to Know
- Local Government Code - signs For more information on sign ordinances please visit the entity where you will be placing the sign and search for political advertising to be up to date on political advertising.
Early Voting and Election Day polling places provided by Williamson County Elections Department
Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District is composed of five (5) Directors, elected at large by place numbers. Each serve four (4) year terms and are elected by qualified voters of the District. To verify you are a District resident, search your address on the Williamson County Appraisal District website and verify that you are paying taxes to "W09-Upper Brushy Creek WCID".
Election Notices and Orders:
- Notice of General Election November 2020
- Resolution 2020 - 02 Postponing the May 2, 2020 General Election to the November 3, 2020 Election
- Notice of Drawing for a Place on the May 2, 2020 General Election Ballot EXPIRED
- Notice of May 2, 2020 General Election
- Resolution 2020 - 01 Ordering the May 2, 2020 General Election
- Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on Ballot EXPIRED
- Register to Vote
- Voter ID Requirements
- Texas Election Code
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Texas Secretary of State
- Williamson County Elections Department
- Semi-Annual Campaign Finance Reports
- Reports due on January 15 and July 15 of each year.
The following is a list of requirements for candidacy (§49.052, Texas Water Code):
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- A resident of the district
- May not be related within the third degree of affinity or consanguinity to a developer of property in the district, any other member of the board, or the manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the district
- May not be an employee of any developer of property in the district or any director, manager, engineer, attorney, or other person providing professional services to the district or a developer of property in the district in connection with the district or property located in the district
- May not be a developer of property in the district
- May not be serving as an attorney, consultant, engineer, manager, architect, or in some other professional capacity for the district or a developer of a property in the district in connection with the district or property located in the district
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with the district except for the purchase of public services furnished by the district to the public generally
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with a developer of property in the district relating to the district or to property within the district, other than a contract limited solely to the purpose of purchasing or conveying real property in the district for the purpose of either establishing a permanent residence, establishing a commercial business within the district, or qualifying as a director.
ABOUT THE ELECTED POSITION:
The directors are paid $150 per meeting attended, which include regular monthly meetings held on the 3rd Thursday of each month beginning at 4 p.m. and committee meetings that are scheduled as needed. Directors may not exceed $7,200 per year, as this is not a full time paid position. Sometimes the meetings can be lengthy, and preparation is required through reviewing background materials. The term is four years.
For additional questions or information, please contact the District Clerk at 512-652-3512 or email.