Appointment of Directors
Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District is seeking a Director to fill an unexpired four year term terminating on May 2024.
If you are interested in being considered for Appointment by the Board, please complete the application packet and return it to the District Clerk by Thursday September 23rd by close of business at 5pm.
Applications will be forwarded to the Board for consideration shortly after the application period has closed. An item will be placed on the October Meeting Agenda for the Board to discuss and possibly appoint a candidate.
Qualifications (§375.063, Texas Local Government Code and §49.051, Texas Water Code)
- A resident of the district;
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- May not be a developer of property in the district;
- May not be serving as an attorney, consultant, engineer, manager, architect, or in some other professional capacity for the district or a developer of a property in the district in connection with the district or property located in the district;
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with the district except for the purchase of public services furnished by the district to the public generally;
- May not be a party to a contract with or along with a developer of property in the district relating to the district or to property within the district, other than a contract limited solely to the purpose of purchasing or conveying real property in the district for the purpose of either establishing a permanent residence, establishing a commercial business within the district, or qualifying as a director;
The directors are paid $150 per meeting attended, which include regular monthly meetings held on the 3rd Thursday of each month at 4:00 p.m. Directors may not exceed $7,200 per year.
For additional information, please feel free to call the District Clerk at 512-284-7685.